Preventive screening is available on all LA Health Benefit Options
The Screening Benefit covers certain screening tests from the Major Medical Benefit if provided by a Wellness Provider in our network. These tests are:
- Blood glucose
- Blood pressure
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
The benefit also covers flu vaccinations however; it is applicable only for screening tests listed above or the flu vaccinations, not both.
Look out for the 'Health Check' sign at your pharmacy.
Other screening tests covered by LA Health, subject to the applicable benefits in your Option, are:
- Pap smear
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)
- One LDL Cholesterol test for high risk members a year
- Colorectal cancer screenings for persons aged 45 to 75 years
- Group of age-appropriate screening tests for beneficiaries who are 65 years or older
- Screening tests for children between the ages of 2 and 18 years
These tests are important because they allow you to detect a medical condition early, giving you a better chance for a healthy life.